I’m a bit late on this post but I made this last week to pair it with the Ranchero Beef Stew we had for dinner. I made this into mini loaves so I can give some away. This beer bread is fantastic by itself or with soups or stews. Anything with beer in it is a great start to the week! Toodles!
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 big bunch of fresh chives, chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer (I used a lager)
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four 5-1/2″ x 3″-inch mini loaf pans.
Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, chives and cheese. Stir to combine ingredients. Pour beer into the flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
Divide the batter among four mini loaf pans, about 2/3 full. Spoon ~1 tablespoon of melted butter on top of each loaf. Place the four mini loaf pans onto a baking sheet and bake for 30-33 minutes or until the tester/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can serve this warm or at