We had an uneventful weekend. It was scorching hot both Saturday and Sunday, and I wanted to limit my time in the kitchen as much as possible. One of the meals was a quick pizza I put together. Everything was basically ready to eat. All I did was melt the cheese and warm up the bread. Aren’t flatbreads wonderful? They make for a really quick meal. Yes, I had the oven on on a scorching hot day, but it was for a short amount of time and totally worth it.
I love the combination of fig, prosciutto and arugula. This is also a fantastic combination for a salad. Have a great week!
- 1 flatbread pizza crust (mine was 10-inches)
- 1 tablespoon of fig butter (fig chutney or fig jam will work too)
- 5 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup of fresh arugula (I used organic)
- 1-2 slices of prosciutto, chiffonade
- 4-5 black figs, cut in half
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the flatbread on the baking sheet and spread fig butter evenly over the top. Top the fig butter with mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melt. Remove from the oven and layer the pizza with arugula, prosciutto and figs. Cut into 3-4 pieces and serve.