Today is National Zucchini Day! And in celebration of it, I decided to make a simple zucchini salad. I remember a few years back, I went to a restaurant in Napa Valley where they served a delicious zucchini ribbon salad. This is my re-creation of it at home. Are you eating zucchini today?
- 5 small zucchini, rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey
- salt and pepper to season
- crumbled feta cheese to sprinkle on top
- fresh dill, chopped
Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons.
In a large bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and gently toss to coat. Let the zucchini and dressing sit and combine for 5 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheese and dill on top before serving.