I baked these blondies today for my new neighbors. Since this is our first holiday in the new house, I wanted to do something nice for them. I wanted to bake something with a festive ingredient and also something that was easy to package. Chris and I sampled these blondies and were delighted to discover that they tasted like a pumpkin pie with eggnog. So if you dig pumpkin pie, bake a batch of these blondies today!
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of dark muscovado sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin eggnog
- 2 teaspoons of brandy (or vanilla extract if you prefer)
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 13″-inch baking pan.
Using a stand mixer (or mix by hand) cream together butter, muscovado sugar and granulated sugar. Add in eggs (one at a time), eggnog and brandy.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing between additions. Then stir in chocolate chips.
Scrape the batter into the greased pan. Using your spatula, distribute your batter evenly around the pan. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the blondies cool in the pan on the cooling rack.
Adapted from Say it With Sprinkles